Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any luck on the shore? I'm going this weekend and need a report. Got to be better that it is on the Peninsula!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Question

Isn't that island ( and the others with the excpetion of Saxis) private property? I got kicked off while shore fishing about two years ago?

Feeshon

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Isn't that island ( and the others with the excpetion of Saxis) private property? I got kicked off while shore fishing about two years ago?

Feeshon
Cedar Island in Somerset County, Maryland is public hunting/WMA (public fishing too, I hope). Saxis is just across the state line (Pokomoke River?) in Virginia. Is there a Cedar Island in VA also?

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a Cedar Island near Wachapreague, VA. Cedar Island and Parramore Island are on either side of the Wachapreague Inlet.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
They are either owned or run by the Nature Conservancy. I can’t imagine who would have run you off because there is never anyone there to do so.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Cedar VA

The VA island is the one that I was referring to, and I was run off by Nature Conservancy in the middle of the summer. CU, in reference to the VA privately owned islands, I don't want someone to go there thinking it's public property and jump hunt and get run off or arrested if it is private property. And, being a person that has leased islands for hunting in Maryland before, I know what a pain it can be to always have trespassers/ new hunters to run off. It's just my two cents.

Feeshon

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just stay in the baot. The NC gets funny around bird nesting time which is in the summer. They used to give permission but that has changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts