Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was down there fishing with capt. dave from this site. It was sick - a giant parking lot full of boats.

Here's our tally for the day:

1 23" flounder
2 croaker - 1 was around 18"
3 toadfish
1 shark of unknown species - around 15lbs and set of jaws like no tomorrow.

Didn't see too many other people catching flatties either, but between the croakers and the one flounder, had enough fish to feed 7 people (and the burgers that accompanied the fish).

Capt. Dave did all one could ask of a charter skipper - the fish didn't feel like biting, that's all. I think I did catch at least 50 pounds of assorted seaweed however.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry, but seeing over 100 boats concentrated on a piece of water that might be 2 square miles large falls under my definition of sick. Now, I understand that people go where the fish are, so that's understandable.

But I have never in 20 years plus of fishing on both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans - never have I seen so many fishermen/boats on such a small piece of real estate.

I was surprised there was a single fish to be caught, to be truthful. God knows there was enough bait in the water.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ketner,

Well, it was first trip down to the Cell for me. I'm not much of a rockfisherman, but thanks for the heads up. I live up in Maryland and like to chase after breaking fish with light tackle.

I thought the etiquette was pretty good on Saturday to be honest. Didn't see any idiocy or hear of any over the radio. That's to be commended with so many boats on the water in such a small space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.