Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were the first boat anchored up on the WT2 structure @ 5:45 am armed with clams, chum, and the rest of the spadefish outfits. By 10:00 am we had no spades, saw no one catch one around us, either. Had rigs up high, medium, and down low. Caught a half-dozen BIG croakers for something to do while there but nary a spadefish. Anchor pulled.

Little drift after that meant a skunk on the flounder too, so we threw in the towel and headed east of cell yellow buoy @ noon to fill a cooler with croaker - comes in handy for pullage and when the riva guests want fried fish you know!

not at work, beautiful wx = all is good

· Registered
579 Posts
sounds like the spades still got a little lockjaw.... mabye theyre still gettin used to summer; sounds like they began to turn on last week at the CLT and wrecks offshore, so hopefully they wont be far behind up in the bay; im lookin to take a few weekdays off and go get them w/o all of that pressure
JP
"KwikRelease"

edit- i lernt ta spel

· Registered
139 Posts
Warren, I fished for the Spades last Wednesday at Wolftrap got 1 and lost 1 then the tide started coming in strong with a south wind so off I went to 42 perfect drift and beatiful fresh bait but no body told the flounder. I fished deep, shallow, north and south and not even a throw back only pullage was large croaker of course. I heard some talk on the radio about limits but I don't know where they were. I never saw a boat near me lift a net.

· Registered
76 Posts
We fished 42 on Sat. Lines in the water at 8 AM, by 8:30 Sherry cranked in a fat 22" Flounder and we thought-AWLRIGHT! Never got another though we stayed until almost 3 PM. Early on I started using an Uncle Josh Saltwater trailer to keep the Croaker off. It worked-then I caught no fish. The Croaks would pinch the minnows off like pros.

· Registered
517 Posts
Hey Sherry catch that fish on your new Seminar Rod? Hello to you and Mac. Seawolff heard they slayed the spades at the Cell Wed not anchored up but drifting over it with bobbers and clam. Go figure. Just got off the phone with Henry at the cell hes been achored up over there for two hour and hasn't gotten a bite. Right now you need to have a touch of luck if your fishing the 42 or the cell area but Im betting when it turns on its going to be like todays weather VERY Hot.

Have a good one

Bobby

· Registered
1,471 Posts
It didn't get any better in the P.M. either Warren.

Got there about 8 am the structure was pretty much covered so I drifted around till everyone got bored and found a spot about 1 pm. Nothing doing, but a mudtoad. Packed it in about 3:30 and pounded my way back New Point. A wet ride she was...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.