Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I have kept my trap shut till now... We, yes "WE" finally friggin won something.... The first title of my adult life & here I am sutck in Cecil County where no one cares. Go Philles!!! Hamel WS MVP, Howard League MVP(hopefully) Brad Lidge CY Young award???... better yet, the team will be mostly the same for 2-3 more years...

I see my old neighbors @ Cottman & Frankford (Mayfair) are all out there behaving themselves...

Hamels & Howard will want $$$$$$$$$$$$$ now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Go Philles!!!! Glad to see it closed out here in Philly too!!! Hard to believe the last time they won I played hookie in HS and went to the parade!! This year though, I'll leave the parade to the youngens I think I'll be fishin!!

I was at McGlynns in peoples plaza last night to watch the game. I was actually surprised how many philly fans showed up. Pretty good time, late night though. Little rough around the edges today.

Great Series, Solid Performance!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I was 8yrs old when they last won
yup.. me to.

I remeber sitting on my old mans shoulders out on Holme Ave in NE Philly till 3am... Saw alot of stuff that a 8 year old had no buisness seeing... I will never forget Tug walking off the mound slapping his glove on his leg... it's like it was yesterday.

I had Tug & Rose posters all over my room. That's still the best team they ever had.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yup.. me to.

I remeber sitting on my old mans shoulders out on Holme Ave in NE Philly till 3am... Saw alot of stuff that a 8 year old had no buisness seeing... I will never forget Tug walking off the mound slapping his glove on his leg... it's like it was yesterday.

I had Tug & Rose posters all over my room. That's still the best team they ever had.
The one play that I will never forget was when Bob Boone and Pete Rose were both running for the ball popped up in foul territory along the first base line. Watching Rose snatch that ball as it bounced off Boone's glove was amazing.

Being a left handed pitcher thoughout my days in little league, I pretty much worshipped Steve Carlton.

Good times.....and now we have a whole new set to think about.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was 5 years old and still have the bunk beds in our current house with the sticker I slapped on the side saying 1980 World Series Champs!! Now I can add one saying 2008 Champs!! Those pics of Broad and Cottman streets looked pretty fun last night!!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I was 5 years old
The first Phils game I saw was at Connie Mack Stadium :eek2: with my dad and gramps ...you had to pay the neighborhood kid $.50 to make sure your car didn't get damaged...this team is one of those rare teams that it looks like everyone is just really happy to be getting paid to play a game they love (refreshing to see)...2008 WORLD CHAMPS :clapping2: :clap:.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
this team is one of those rare teams that it looks like everyone is just really happy to be getting paid to play a game they love (refreshing to see)
lets hope it stays that way...

Pre-season, Howard was holding out/fighting for 10 million, the Philles were only required buy the league rules to pay him 7 and thats all they were going to give him. I think he got 10 thru arbitration. This year, they need to cough up 100-130 million+ over 5-7 years, or things will get ugly, he will want his big payoff eariler than the league requires.

Hamels was bieng a crybaby as well. By the leage rules, he isn't being paid squat & he claimed that was the effort the phils would get out of him, squat. He was claiming not to care about the rules & only wanted money. He will be looking for a buttload as well. He's not due for his big payday for another season... but he will be looking. He will want alot more than the Philles are required to pay per league rules.

The Philles gave Chase his big conrtact a year earlier than required... Howard & Hamels will look for the same.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Success breeds greed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts