Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know me , others may not. Anyways most of you know of me from my post with my youngest son Brandon. Well what most of you do not know is that brandon is an avid motorcycle racer along with an awesome fisherman. Brandon has traveled from New york to Florida to Illinois racing and has become the only person in Virginia to become an Amateur National Champion. We took the year off last year for dad to play catch up with everything that needs to be done around home. We did fly to Miami a few times testing road race bikes for a company there. Well what Brandon is looking for is new company's to represent through his racing program for the 2006 race season. Brandon has an opportunity to travel to Valencia Spain, Talladaga, Nashville Motor Speedway and many other fabulous places to do what he loves. He has told me since he was only 5 years old that he wants to be a professional road racer when he grew up. Well here is his opportunity and he has his foot in the door and is an awesome promoter for his sport and the company's he represents. With all the safety equipment and travel expenses this is very hard to fulfill his dream this is why we seek support from others. This was as breif as I could get here but if anyone needs more details they may email me at [email protected] and can see his online resume and bio at http://www.sponsorhouse.com/home/athlete_profile.php?athleteID=42024&singleProfile=yes&returnURL=/index.php" target="_New"> http://www.sponsorhouse.com/home/athlete_profile.php?athleteID=42024&singleProfile=yes&returnURL=/index.php
Thanks in advance for taking the time to just read this , though it does not pertain to fishing.

Wayne

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
How about "Jil Carrie" Charter Fishing as a Sponsor? I'll bet Waterman's Grill, Long Bay Pointe Bait & Tackle, Harpoons, and a few others just might be interested, as well. Heck, we could all pitch in for the young tyke!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are truely interested brandon would love to represent your charter service. He is over my shoulder as I type. Brandon is a hard worker and would represent your company well. He has been taught one must work to receive so he is not asking for handouts. He has spent hours over cups of cocoa with marketing agents discussing how he should become a sponsored rider and he makes many contributions to every company and person that helps him do what he likes. Thanks[smile]

·
10,897 Posts
Yes, I am truly interested. Brandon, the owner of Tidalfish (lovingly known as "The Ascot Nazi") might be, as well, as he is a big motorcycle fan - he owns 2 Harleys, a wife and 3 girlfriends, which qualifies him right there. There are a lot of business owners on here who might be interested. I think you will find this community to be a real "stand up" bunch, despite some of the petty Winter disagreements.

How about some details for everyone? How much do you need total to put the young tyke on the track?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have never had the pleasure of seeing young Brandon race a bike, but I have met him a few times here on the James river. I would say he has two passions....motorcycles and fishing. The first time I met him was a day cold enough to keep most of the men from the freshwater board at home. I idled by their boat in search of bait for catfishing. Brandon had lines out and big smile on his face. We talked for a few moments and I continued my bait search. It sticks in my mind how mature and polite he is for his age.

It would be truely awesome if it came to be that he was sponsored by Fishing Folks, bringing together the things he, his dad and older brother share. I have seen the familar boat on the river many times since that day, and I can tell you that Dad doesn't get to go fishing without those boys. They Love It!

The kid has heart. Here is wishing him all the best. Good luck guys.

Dayton

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dayton. The boy definitly puts 110 % in everything he does. He has been taught to be very curtious, polite and professional whatever he does. I have received a few not so nice b-mails and I let him read them all. Most people do not know what we are about and just assume. He knows how people can be, He's very mature for his age. He definitly loves fishing! been out many times when the temp was in the 20's and he will fish all day!
Heck once I left without him and went flounder fishing. Boy was he mad when he woke. Got his mom to take him to grandmas , then grandma to take him to the boat ramp at sunset in hampton, then call me to pick him up at the ramp! Thats one serious fisherman! [grin]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Helping a kid is never a JOKE! I'll look forward to hearing more about Branden's fishing and racing.
Sorry I can't say the same for usual suspects.
Go Branden!
I'll be on board, I'm sure every little bit counts so help out if you can!
Mel
[smile]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have an idea but I need to check with the TF higher ups first so not to ruffle any feathers.

Don't worry about the negative comments Brandon, some just don't get. Looking forwad to seeing you guys at the Mud Races again this year.

DEAN

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[Q]Capt. Jim Brincefield originally wrote:
Yes, I am truly interested. Brandon, the owner of Tidalfish (lovingly known as "The Ascot Nazi") might be, as well, as he is a big motorcycle fan - he owns 2 Harleys, a wife and 3 girlfriends, which qualifies him right there. There are a lot of business owners on here who might be interested. I think you will find this community to be a real "stand up" bunch, despite some of the petty Winter disagreements.

How about some details for everyone? How much do you need total to put the young tyke on the track?
[/Q]

Here is what Brandon has been flying to Miami testing on this past year. Age level is supposed to be 10-16. Because of his abilities he has proven to the series cooridinator that he is very capable of handling and winning. First time on one he started last out of 12 and finished 4th on a bike he had never been on and a track he had never ridden. We will be buying 2 of these bikes at $4500.00 a piece. Then the motors come out and go to my cyclinder guy in PA. Next thing is his safety. We need a new set of leathers for his are worn AND to small now. They sell anywhere from $800.00 to $1000.00 depending how fancy you get with them. Here is the bike.

I am a automotive painter by trade so the bikes will be beautiful always. As one can see there is plenty of room for advertising just on the bike alone. Wouldnt it be kool to have a Tidal fish bike at some of the fishing shows with a kool little kid handing out autographed flyers?[grin]

We will be traveling to tracks like Talladega, Jennings,Virginia Motor Speedway, Summit Point, Nashville Motor Speedway and possibly Valencia Spain and Portugal! This is not an every weekend thing is is an National series. There is plenty of time that we use wisely to promote our team and our supporters with open house events. we also get (weekly local air time) on the radio every thursday night, and website coverage. Not to mention the many magazines he has allready been featured in National and local.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tidalfish Racing, think of the merchandising, hats, tshirts and boat decals. Lets try to help Branden out. I'll buy some!
Mel and Jen

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well we had someone come on board with us today. They were very helpful and also they are working on putting a tournament together for us. Also have some other irons in the fire. In the mean time we are getting ready for Daytona beginning of March. Also for the Richmond locals, be on the look out for Brandon on channel 12 soon. He won a contest last year for the most talanted kid in Richmond last year that Style weekly and channel 12 put together and want to use the footage they used last year for commercials for the contest this year!

·
10,897 Posts
Jil Carrie Charter fishing is IN! This will be a great sponsorship. Brandon will be a good representative of our TF Fishing Community. I'm looking forward to seeing the young tyke cross the finish line with the TF Banner!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
crash, my photo business would be glad to sponsor promo photos for your son. You would have to get him up to my studio in Pasadena Md. Ive done smoked out bikes for a magazine back in the 80s. I also raced drag bikes back in the 80s making it to Maple Grove for the Winston Cup. If interested just bmail me.

BTW my daughters had many sponsors when they participated in Pagents back in the early 90s.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Guy's , You are all awesome! We have some Irons in the fire, we will see what happens over the next couple weeks. Will keep everything posted.[smile]

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We are working on getting ready to go to Daytona March 3-8. Also we will be in South Carolina to practice Feb. 18. We will be in Barberville, Ocala and Daytona for a Winter AMA series in Florida. Good time there, it is during bike week and also the pro Flattrack guys will be running some of the same tracks we will. These races are for the FlatTrack racing not the road racing.
Here is what Brandon will be riding in Florida.It is a new Yamaha yz 85 completely redone (wheels ,tires, suspension and motor) just for FlatTack. We are gonna keep him on the dirt for a few more years, It helps with him learning to turn the bike with the throttle and getting used to loose conditions. That helps alot when you ride asphalt. This will be our first year to run the road race bikes competitivly also.

Here is Brandon testing the Road Racing bike in Miami.

This is Brandon's practice bike. Yes he flies too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts