Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again this year, the cold weather has waited until the bay rockfish season comes to an end before turning good and cold. Come Thursday the temperatures are not going to get out of the fifties during the day with lows in the thirties at night. The rockfish should start their migration by the first of next week. Hopefully, the stripers will hang around off of Virginia Beach for a week or two before continuing their migration off shore and down south. Last year, they just came out of the bay and kept right on going.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 water temp dropped so quickly most big fish stayed way out in the ocean.
2014 lots of big fish till January, fish moved offshore due to cold
2015 warmer than normal but still big fish are being caught consistently in the bay.. Might be a good ocean season

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
The rock follow the bait.
I was just sitting on my glassed in back porch bird watching. Noticed daffodil starting to sprout! 1-2"..
Have a few dandelions showing yellow buds also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
FYI...... I wire lined three or four times in December behind the second, in and around the third and behind the fourth. Caught about 6-7 total, all behind the fourth with only four keepers no larger than 21 inches..... Not like it used to be.... Boy they sure tasted good ! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I would love to comment: but I have been criticized for being too pessimistic already. Soooooo "no comment"

Dr. Bob Allen
Dr Allen, many here do enjoy reading your comments! Some can learn from your knowledge! We had a jerk on NN forum, that once posted **** about my post.
I immediately received 20-30 Pm's voicing support while only 1 or 2 posted on-line. Many lurkers, ( hate to use that term- because they are great people) do not post here due to things like that, Please do not let down days stop you from posting your wisdom, even if some miss the meaning of it!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
as for the weather change, too little, too late. There is a wide stretch between changing air and changing water temps--the water where the fish hang out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts