Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I was told at VMRC when renewing for 2009, If you are a 6pk operation and you intend on counting the mate and Capt in the parties catch for a typical Rockfish trip...Example... Capt. Mate,+ 6 passengers equal 8 people onboard, you cannot keep 16 fish unless you pay an additional 10.00 (5.00 per person), on your permit, if they check you and you do not have that on your lic, you will get ticketed for over the limit of fish, just an FYI, I don't think it is correct but I paid it to cover my but anyway, Hope this wind stops blowing soon.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Never heard of that one before.

One thing that I have heard of that is routinely disobeyed is that the Capt and mate can only keep that limit 1 time per day. If they have 2 half day trips they cannot keep their limit for both trips.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea Rob but that is hard to enforce, but this they can with all these new Lic, Guide,permits, it's on the permit, I always thought the Capt and mate were included but not according to VMRC, just didn't want to see someone get a ticket for another 10.00 bucks they are covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts