Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going on a week-long family vacation to rehobeth. can anyone suggest a good charter for a couple guy and there kids. flounder maybe? no, head boats.

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have agree with Lance. I do alot of trips with the Grizzley, and he and his first mate Doug are great. I've been useing the Grizzley since the early 90's when Carey was the first mate. I've also used the Indain with Capt. Ted, and he's a great guy. I'm going out in 2 weeks with Fish-On charters out of Slaughter Beach. I'll give a report on what I think of him when I get back.

http://www.grizzlysportfishing.com/

http://anglersfishingcenter.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Indian River Marina and Lewes Harbor both have charters that will do bottom/near shore trips. IRI will work the nearshore wrecks and such offshore, Lewes will work the DE Bay. Both can be active right now, both fleets do take make ups and last minute trips. Rehobeth Bay also has areas that rent boats, usually pontoon boats, if you want to try it yourself.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. I took you all up on your suggestion and went out on the Grizzly. we went this morning for a half day. Myself, brother, father, nephew, and 2 of my kids. Capt is really nice and did a wonderful job keeping us on croaker. He and Doug were both really nice. We did not kill them but he did keep moving around trying to put us on additional fish.

i would certainly recommend him and as the kids get a little older we may try an offshore trip one summer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time. Carey, and Doug are both class acts, and do whatever it takes to put you on fish. I have a offshore tuna trip with them in September. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Maybe try a striper trip in the fall. 2 years ago we were dead in the water at the mouth of the Del. Bay with about 300 other boats when we saw the Grizzley far out fishing by himself. On a whim went out to see what was happening. When we got there out of 8 people on the back of the boat 5 had bent over rods. Hate to say it but we followed his drift and in no time I had a 15# and 17# limit.
Glad you had fun, Lance.[excited]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts