Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
again, that’s the mindset that makes the resource so hard to manage. I’m allowed unlimited does in Baltimore county during deer season, but I know how many I really need. Then, I’ll go read over on the hunting forums how there’s no deer and it ain’t like it used to be.
I believe the state made a mistake splitting the state deer management zones from 5 to 2.
Here in southern MD, herd is in trouble.
Last year, kill was down 28% over previous year. Which was down 18% over the year before that. Which was down 19% over the previous year.

Decreases are not over a long term average, but over each preceding year. DNR USED to include last 5 years' data or so with each release.

More pressure, excessive damage permits, Amish etc.

I headed north to.hunt last few years. More deer, and trying to give these a rest.
But so have Amish. Van loads of them methodically driving public land. Started in St Marys and Charles, now seeing them up in PG.

I've been deer hunting for a long time, stated when annual kill was under 10,000. So, I'm.glad it ain't like it used to be, lol.

As far as the crabs go if a dozen feeds your family, are you a loner? Loner dwarf?

Expectations change.
Years ago, I'd get a bushel of NICE crabs in an hour or so, if things were right. Sometimes quicker. About 12-15 years ago, started getting harder.

BUT, look at the pressure these days.
Comms here running more and longer lines.
CPUE dropping.
Heck, every weekend, the Pennsylvania Navy moves down to crab. Then their Army shows up during deer season, especially for sika.

Same with fishing.
50 years ago, we'd be fishing near the Bay Bridge, singular, and MAYBE a dozen other boats out. On a weekend.

·
Registered
110 Posts
lol, goose.

I could be wrong, I dont think the size of stripers that the Mac could dine on, probably wouldn’t be out in the bay where you find Mac, but I’m not sure. I am sure that if the opportunity presented itself. A Mac would gladly dine on a small striper

Gastric lavage says big stripers eat little stripers too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Regarding crabs, I personally believe two dozen well culled crabs are all a recreational angler should need and be allowed daily
Always easy to restrict the other guy, ain't it?
I'm glad you " personally" belive it, lol.
Stop liking what I don't like, waaaaa!

Didn't P.J. O' Rourke touch on this mentality?

NO ONE should have 500 horsepower cars, wives/ girlfriends with DDs, " too much" money, etc

Karenism, at its finest!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts