Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Gastric lavage says big stripers eat little stripers too.
I have pulled too many smaller Striper out of the mouths of larger ones that got stuck in the mouth of the larger one that couldn't shack it out because the dorsal fins got stuck in the top of the larger ones mouth after trying to eat the smaller one head first to know that is true. The largest one was a 22" fish that I pulled out of the mouth of a 38" one.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have pulled too many smaller Striper out of the mouths of larger ones that got stuck in the mouth of the larger one that couldn't shack it out because the dorsal fins got stuck in the top of the larger ones mouth after trying to eat the smaller one head first to know that is true. The largest one was a 22" fish that I pulled out of the mouth of a 38" one.
i caught a lot of rockfish, never once pulled another rockfish from one’s mouth.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Regarding crabs, I personally believe two dozen well culled crabs are all a recreational angler should need and be allowed daily
Always easy to restrict the other guy, ain't it?
I'm glad you " personally" belive it, lol.
Stop liking what I don't like, waaaaa!

Didn't P.J. O' Rourke touch on this mentality?

NO ONE should have 500 horsepower cars, wives/ girlfriends with DDs, " too much" money, etc

Karenism, at its finest!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
How is just simply checking in your catch, restrictive? How does that hurt the resource, or does it just hurt you? You all act like conservationists, but your far from it. Your part of the problem

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
A lot of greedy people that really don’t care much about what they’re trying to preach. If you’re giving away your catch, maybe your catching to much. It’s legal, so I’m not saying your a bad person. Justifying it, you are

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Make them get licenses and have them come out with you and get their 2 dozens as well. It really is a simple productive concept
I don't usually see more than 2 people on a boat that is crabbing, too much stuff on the boat. If you want them to report their catch, make it a weekly quota instead of daily. That way the occasional crabber can keep more in one outing.

Mike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for making my point.....which apparently went right over your head.
I don’t care about your point that did not go over my head. Eating the crabs I catch is a family event and tradition from June to October. Crabs that don’t get consumed go to people that do not have the disposable income to purchase them. I report my catch each time thru the DNR app. Wonder how many do that????

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I don’t care about your point that did not go over my head. Eating the crabs I catch is a family event and tradition from June to October. Crabs that don’t get consumed go to people that do not have the disposable income to purchase them. I report my catch each time thru the DNR app. Wonder how many do that????
What is this app you yiu speak of

41 - 60 of 68 Posts