Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone been doing it here lately. I would like to put the ole fly rod in the H2O. Where have the birds been consistently showing up during the day. Craney island always has been a good spot. Most likely thinking about going Sunday.

Let me know if you don't mind

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Chased them all day last Saturday in the fog. I think the fog was our saving grace since it kept every one else from seeing them.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Chased them yesterday Lou south west of the 1st island. Small fish and very few breakers. Everything was deep.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Lou,

I fish out of Little Creek and the last two times I have fished the oceanfront I have passed birds working from just outside of the small boat channel south of the first island, out toward the Cape. These were smaller fish up to 20" or so, but plenty of great action for the fly rodder!!

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Ed

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Birds

Lou,

I have seen them more regularly and more often around the Little Creek & 1st Island area than any where else.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all if the Wx is not quite do-able to head out east we may just try our luck with the long rod!!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the plug on the Grouper trip due to the forecast and will be looking for some schoolies with the fly rod any updates on where the birds are consistently showing up???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ive caught fish everyday under birds near the 1st up to 38 inches way more action than trolling all day in the ocean for one fish. Which i did today and be heading back to the bay for catch and release.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts