Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little something from Capt. Joe Delcampo. These aren't the bluelines, but their much bigger cousins, the golden tilefish. Yes they did come from Virginia waters. He does not know it yet, but he is going to teach me how and where to catch these things.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know if any of you guys have ever seen these fish in person before, but they are really much bigger than the pictures do justice. Their skin is also much more colorful than it appears. Almost looks like the skin of a speckled trout but yellow and green, where the trout would be silvery and coppery. Very neat fish.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I think in Va. waters its even deeper than 600!

·
Registered
750 Posts
bottom fishing in 100 fathoms or more with conventional gear? say it aint so ? :eek:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sweet, I cant imagine reeling them up from 600-1000'.. Can you say ELECTRIC? Im sore just thinking about it!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
We get the weather, I'm ready, Jake. Still have my bag packed from last weekend. Just need to throw in a bucket of pulled pork Carolina BBQ, the buns and I am ready to go.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I dont know if any of you guys have ever seen these fish in person before, but they are really much bigger than the pictures do justice. Their skin is also much more colorful than it appears. Almost looks like the skin of a speckled trout but yellow and green, where the trout would be silvery and coppery. Very neat fish.
I have never seen these fish in person before.....I can say I have seen/met Capt Joe in person before and what a great day offshore we had......we got into a limit of Mahi & topped off the day with 8 tuna too. If you ever get the chance to fish with him DO NOT pass it up !! And there is no better mate on any charter anywhere than his mate Kevin.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Might need a few extra batteries for those 'lectric reels or keep the gennie going and keep the charger on.

Nice catch!
Evan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts