Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DNR website says:

"Hunters then have until midnight (12:00 am) of the day the deer or turkey is field tagged to check in their game using the Internet check-in sight www.gamecheck.dnr.state.md.us or calling the Maryland Big Game Registration Phone Line 1-888-800-0121 to complete the check-in process. Landowners without a hunting license must use the Phone Line."

So what happens if you check a deer in late and answer "No" to the question asking if it was killed today?

·
Registered
621 Posts
My muzzleloader and rifle deer were both late.

I answered no to the question asked was it killed today.

And I used the internet as a landowner, with and without my license.

Mark

·
Registered
455 Posts
Several of the guys I hunt with checked their deer the day after kill and had no problems. They did not reed the regs and thought they had 24 hrs. like last year. I think DNR is giving everyone a little slack the first year. I checked my deer from the base of my tree stand Sat., for me the new system works good. I hunt holidays and always had to load my deer back up the next day and drive to a check station to get them checked. Now all of my deer are checked when I leave the farm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I called the DNR about this question. The reply was the NO check box was for hunters that need to track deer the day after an evening hunt. I dont understand why they need this info but that was the answer I got.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hutch - that makes sense...

I'm from PA and the new check in system works great for me since I used to have to drive way out of my way to check the deer in the past.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Go here;

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/REGIONAL/thread.cfm?threadid=119809&MESSAGES=50&state=Md

A lot of useful info on the new checking system.

Pete

·
Registered
31 Posts
10-4 Shaggy, I had many issues finding a checking station in MD last year.

Thumbs up on the internet checking[excited]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts