Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello To All,
I was surfing and found out a pier is located RT13 off of I-64, Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Has anyone fished from this pier or site before. I notice a $12 one way fee and no license needed? No overnite fishing allowed.

any information is helpful, thanks.

PS>I've read reports in the past from anglers posting their reports from CBBT, and most of those reports were full of action.:fishing2:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I've caught fish under or near the pier from the yak, although technically boats are not allowed within 300 feet of it. With 18 miles of structure, the fish are usually found somewhere... but being stuck on one little pier would frustrate me because there's also a lot of places where they might not be... searching for them enhances your catch ratio significantly.

Still, every time I've been there, there have been a few people with rods leaned up against the railing.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
If I didn't have a boat or didn't know anybody to HO with, I'd give it a try. I'd say its located on some pretty good structure.:D
Why wouldn't ya use this forum to your advantage and go out with Tidalfishers that post asking for a HO? Don't be bashfull. You might make some friends, have some fun, and learn something---------------------------------------:yes:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I fished it three/ four years ago. It was "something to do with the kids". Managed two keeper flounder for two hours work. Warning, your gonna need a bridge net. Drop is about 20 feet. I had a extra two gallon pail with me, and I always carry some sort of rope. I tied rope to pail handle, drooped it down to flounder and will a little finese, landed both of them. Kids were more impressed with the landing, than the fish.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Seagull pier is quite a popular spot for locals. And it can get pretty crowded in the summer. My inlaws fish it a lot but Dad seems to like Sandbridge better now ... of course, he likes our boat better than both of them ;)

The location is good and you can pull up pretty much anything that people are catching at the CBBT. We've pulled up spot, croaker, trout and blues there over the years.
Like others have said, it's along haul back up ... especially if it's a ray. By the way - the fee is the bridge-tunnel crossing fee so the fishing comes free. It's a pretty scenic view and lots of traffic in the area so you ahve something to look at while waiting for the fish.

You might get some more specific answers if you post on the VA Angler board here. Mostly MD folks on this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts