Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the marine forecast and I saw 1-3ft waves and blowing out the east 10 knots would it be worth going out to tautog fish on the last day of the season? I would fish the York river but not sure what's biting?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It depends on the size of your boat and if you can stand rocking all day. But if you wait for the wind to stop you will never go.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Tog fished the last two days... Depending on how your boat handles a 2-3' bag chop, it's worth it.
The tog bite is pretty good especially on outgoing tide.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I really have not learned much about the York , since i have been here only 1 yr and mostly fished C bay and Mobjack. I do know on the Rapp , I could always find a good place to fish and was often sorry if I didn't give it a try!
Also, I have been doing a few test rides over near the Yorktown bridge. when winds were 15 .. from NE ,S, W. every time it was fish-able (60 and bad back) E could be different story!
For Tog will probably put you in open -- at least in areas I think they are.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd say with a cat you'd be fine on the ride out, but you gotta be able to take hours of rocking. We do it in our 19 ft sea hunt v-hull from back river so you'll be alright.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fished some rock piles and reefs inside the bay with no luck on saturday! Lots of oyster toads! Water wasn't too bad, but pretty cold wind for the end of April. Oh well have to wait till sept. for a fresh Tog dinner.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Fished some rock piles and reefs inside the bay with no luck on saturday! Lots of oyster toads! Water wasn't too bad, but pretty cold wind for the end of April. Oh well have to wait till sept. for a fresh Tog dinner.
Saw one keeper tog come to dock, Sat. friend when after drum today , Nana

I would have gone yesterday, but having driveway (at ditches on roadway) widened to allow new/old boat to fit into driveway :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts