Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be some interesting shows on the Chesapeake Bay next week starting Monday April 20th.on channel 522 MPT. Hopefully you have the record option with your server and are able to record them all., mine is FIOS. 1) Secrets of the Chesapeake -Haunted Lighthouses & Remote Shorelines of the Chesapeake mon.10 pm-tue.5 am 2) Rivers of worries - sewage problems on the Potomac & Anacostia mon. 11pm. 3)Chesapeake Bay Summit - Major obstructions pertaining to the Chesapeake Bay cleanup.8 pm. Tuesday. 4)Chesapeake Villages-2 communities impacted on the decline of seafood in the Chesapeake Bay. wed.8pm. 5)Menhadden -The most important Fish in the Chesapeake Bay wed. 8:30 pm.6) Eatin Crabs-The journey of the Blue Crab from capture to table.7)Crab Cakes-The best Crab Cakes in the Chesapeake region 11:30 pm. You will find other Chesapeake bay programs as you scroll through next weeks specials on your guide on ch. 522.Enjoy

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that the series is over.How many watched them out of 229 hits?Which ones did you like best? I just finished watching Rivers of worries.That was by far the scariest.I was surprised to see the segment on the Severn River.The waterfront owner nearly lost his leg due to a fecal infection after a rain on the 4th. of July from coming in contact with the water.His leg will never be the same.Storm water management is a serious matter. If we the tax payers don't pay for it ,We'll pay consequences.The Federal or State Govt. will not pay for it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I was not impressed with the Chesapeake Bay Summit. They were charged to come up with new ideas to reduce nutrient contamination as a result of a brainstorming session. It was not the Perfect Brainstorm, in my estimation. A lot of wind, but no major impacts. Too much emphasis on "helping the farmer" and too little emphasis on enforcement.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree.The watermen were complaining about all the fertilizer going into the Bay and ruining the seafood industry.Are we in essence trading carrots for crabs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.