Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get out much but I did go opening day. We had lines in about 7am in front of Chesapeake Beach. We launched from Herrington Harbour. I had my 10 year old son and a buddy with his 15 year old daughter. We criss crossed the channel all day from about 35 ft to 80 ft or so. We cleaned the jellies twice on all 12 lines. I probably should have cleaned them more but it was getting like work. It was a beautiful day for a boat ride after a long winter. We had one big knockdown off a board rod with a tandem. As I was reeling it in it got off. We joked that it was probably a slot fish anyway, but it would have been nice to at least see the fish even if we had to let it go. Unfortunately that was it. I pulled in lines about 1:30. I talked to several other boats at the dock and most had similar results. Some caught one or two, but no one had an early limit. The charter Lucky Duck only had about 3 fish and they were out before us and came in after with a lot more lines out. I don't think I would have wanted to fish more than 12 rods even if I had them since the jellyfish were so bad. Its better to have one clean rod than 12 dirty ones. Hopefully there are more fish in a few weeks and less jellyfish.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts