Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The woman and I had a great first day of our fishing vacation. Fall fishing patterns are back! Video link below.

Chesapeake Blues

Water Boat Cloud Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Shorts Sky Boat Vertebrate

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, you certainly adapted from farm pond to Chesapeake fishing well. Nice size cats. Wonder how the shad and eels survive with such abundance blues pursuing them…
ACG

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
I.ve been catching them on a 1/4 oz. beetle spins with a berkley swimming mullet 3-4 in. pearl instead of the split tail grub that comes with it .If they're there, you'll catch them . Just wind it in slow on a spinning reel and hold on. Sometimes they just take the rod out of your hands as soon as th lure hits the water and other times you'll feel a tick like they're tasting it and then they'll eat it on the second bite. I've been breaking some off because I use ultra light 6# test. You'll also catch stripers and white perch +anything else that eats minnows that are in the area.That's all you need if you like fishing with medium spinning tackle but but I am going to have to switch up tp heavier line as long as these guys are around . I had one startle me with it's big mouth open chasing it right to the kayak . They'll keep you busy once you locate some . it's a good option if you also like spin casting to them.There's definitely no shortage of them .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I.ve been catching them on a 1/4 oz. beetle spins with a berkley swimming mullet 3-4 in. pearl instead of the split tail grub that comes with it .If they're there, you'll catch them . Just wind it in slow on a spinning reel and hold on. Sometimes they just take the rod out of your hands as soon as th lure hits the water and other times you'll feel a tick like they're tasting it and then they'll eat it on the second bite. I've been breaking some off because I use ultra light 6# test. You'll also catch stripers and white perch +anything else that eats minnows that are in the area.That's all you need if you like fishing with medium spinning tackle but but I am going to have to switch up tp heavier line as long as these guys are around . I had one startle me with it's big mouth open chasing it right to the kayak . They'll keep you busy once you locate some . it's a good option if you also like spin casting to them.There's definitely no shortage of them .
Can you post a picture of the lure? what I see when I look them up seems really small.
Thanks,

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's correct. They are small lures. But most fish in bay will hit it. You can also tip with crab, shrimp, squid, cut bait, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts