Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
We heard about this a couple of weeks ago. There is still some speculation as to whether it is the economy or the bad reputation the show had with vendors. Can you shed any light?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I thought the show had been very good and well attended. I understand vendor bookings were off 60% Probably due to the economy.
A real shame becase we enjoyed taking the kids.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
It's tough right now for everyone.The vendors need to sell alot of items just to recoup the table fee and truck fuel.The hall cost is huge and if that is not covered - the organizer will not book it again.

Tri-State is still on for Feb. 7th :thumbup:.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The Upper Marlboro show was one of the better shows I thought and it is a shame it was cancelled.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber
226 Posts
I talked to George a couple of days ago and it was both vendors canceling and the fact that it is Inauguration Day. The out of town vendors couldn't find hotels. Also the mounted police from all over are going to be stabled at the arena. All totaled it just seemed to be to much going on at one time. He did tell me that they are planning to have the show next year. Hope that is going to happen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Times are tough and only the best will remain standing. The Pasadena Sportfishing Group Show will go forward and is always a great show. I'm willing to bet that will have them knocking down the doors in February with same minimal door admission.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Solomons Fishing Fair

I am a member of the Southern Maryland Chapter of MSSA (Chapter 19) and the Solomons Fishing Fair is still a go. :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts