Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been doing good for the last month on Perch in the river just north of the kent narrows. Came home from work and my 4 1/2 yr old asks if we can go fishing, which was awesome. 30 mins later we were at the boat with my 14yr old nephew in toe.

2 hours in several places - caught too many perch to count on the dozen bloodworms - from 10ft out to 20ft

About 30 mins to sun down and the little rock showed up, hitting the bottom rigs on way down, catching doubles of little 10-12 rock

Saw some other spots of fish breaking, ran over - jigged up about 10-15 in the 15-17 range. Thinking we weren't going to get a keeper I start packing up as we were supposed to have been home 30 mins ago for bed time - whoops

When my daughter starts yelling my rod is moving my rod is moving, here I had rigged up her little rod with a 4" bass assassin on 3/4 oz - help her reel in a nice 21" rock. Guess she had the bail open and I wasn't paying close attention as she had it on the bottom bouncing as we drifted

Great end to a Great night - worst part was too dark and none of the pics of the rock came out.
She did proceed to tell everyone on Saturday that we were eating "her" fish.

Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Sleeve

Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Fisherman

Water Glasses Shorts Goggles Sunglasses

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
That's great! She is sure to be hooked on the bay now!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Very nice report. Can't beat Chester River fishing with the kids. I use to live and keep my boat a little north of the Narrows in Cloverfields. I miss it.

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
Have to wonder how many kids have gotten hooked on fishing because of White Perch.

Safe bet - add these two to the list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts