Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Griff, Hank, & I hit the Chester at o'dark thirty Sunday am. We hit most of the typical TW spots to no avail. Griff had one swirl but that was it. Water temp was 65* and was real dirty for some reason. Around 9am we headed south and jigged a few points. The FF was loaded up and we knew we would be bailing any minute....well....it was not to be.:confused: I decided to pull out the broomsticks and try to hit 'em in the head with lead and spoons. That was the ticket!!:yes: We found a school of FAT blues working a channel edge. No birds, just fish!! They would come up for 10-15 seconds, then sound. We'd cruise by and have all 4 rods go down...sometimes get doubles on the tandems. Had a few "fire drills" but only got tangled once. We pulled hoses, spoons and bucktails...they all got hit pretty evenly.

Ended up with 18 of the nicest blues I've ever seen in the Chester, however the rock eluded us all day. Great day to finally get some loooong over due pullage.

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Andy, we were out Saturday and noticed the water looked like it had just rained real hard.
we found lots of bait and some small blues around Hickory but no keeper rock

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out, it’s about time but I know you have been busy with the new house and all. Just make sure you leave yourself some time for the promise land and let me know when you are going. I cannot go the first 2 weeks in December so keep that in mind. Thanks for the report Andy and tell Beth I said HEY…..

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Andy,

I was in the Chester on Saturday the 4th and found working birds and fish. We were trolling and I had 8 rods out with tandems on most of the rods. We had 7 rods go down at once with several double header blues:eek:.

We did not get any rock either but the blues were fun when we went down to 5 rods. All of ours were in the 17-19" class. Glad to here you had some nice action in there.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark- We couldn't figure out why the water was sooo stained...same color from the Conquest down to G9.

Mike- the house is still a few months away...sheetrock is painted, 95% of the exterior trim is done, getting ready to start trimming inside. I moved my shop down there on Saturday to help speed things along.

Steve- I thought you had all of Nov, Dec, AND Jan off??!!! :D We're gonna find some time some how to make it down to the CBBT. Thanksgiving down there is a ritual now and we'll definately shoot for Christmas week. I'll tell the misses ya said hey!!!

Phil- the fire drills are kinda fun sometimes! I hope the RF move in there again like they did 2 years ago when we found 'em. All of our fish were @ the same size 17-22", but they all were FAT. Heck, I got a couple with a 1 1/2" thick fillet!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good deal, Andy. Glad you got some pullage. Not looking for spots, but just curious how far up the Chester you are. I go out of Rock Hall a lot and while I know there are fish if I turn into the river, I have more confidence going west into the main bay and points south.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will- we were between KN and Hail Pt. Just about anywhere you can see KN from the Chester can be a good fishing area in the fall. Problem is, the fish always move around year to year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts