Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured there would be better fishing south but ook the risk to avoid the crowds and went north out of Kent Narrows this afternoon back to the area where we've been getting big fish. Nothing in the Chester or the LP ledge. Found birds out front of Rock Hall but all smalls. Terns farther north toward Swan Point, more dinks. Big flocks of gulls on the humps southwest of Love Point, shorts shorts shorts. 21 inches was our best fish of the day. Water temp is 42 in the river 44 out front. That's almost a 10 degree drop from last Thursday in this part of the Bay. Thanks to Mark and Paul for taking the risk with me. You win some, you loose some, but it was a fun crew and beautiful day none the less.

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Shawn: We covered LOADS of ground far south of you and couldn't buy anything bigger than 21 jigging. 90 % WAY smaller than that, and those not too numerous. Not sure what the trollers did, but the radio was not alive with positive chatter.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Thanks for the report Shawn, good and bad, they all help out. I never made it out, late night with the Terps (argh) and got hammered by a cold. A day running around the bay wasn't going to help.

You got some pullage and looked like a nice day out, could have been worse.

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
The big ones are back out in the deep water- where they belong :D.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
We have been spoiled, atleast you were catching. I was in PA working. A dink for me today would have been great! Thanks for the report. I still want to give Ebay another shot, Im looking for a good day. PM me and let me know if you want to go and when.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well that area you have been fishing has a pretty good pattern to it, I have fished it for many years during the fall. It never fails that the "red can" produces some over the top quality fish for about two and a half weeks then turns off like flicking a switch! I went out of the Deale area today and LTJ'd some great fish, go back south.:cool2:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Shawn, it was karma for drinking my beer on Friday night at Annes,I was coming back for it later:D

10 degree difference- wow. I'm sure you'll be back on them in no time.

Dave

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Shawn, You've caught enough big fish this year. You deserve an off day. But at least you know where they were today.:D

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Shawn...we will get'em end of this week.....REVENGE!..:cool2:

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Plenty of birds but no real action. Nice out until the sun went down, cold ride back to the Bush. I saw you leave the small pack of boats and head north, no idea what you were thinking.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the report. We put over in Rock Hall and went over to 7' knoll, love point, bay bridge, bloody point, eastern bay, and poplar with all the same grade of fish. Over 100 fish with 2 keepers; one 18 and one 25. Nice fish on the troll, but it pains me to do that. I'm heading over to the cape may this week and then to CBBT for the rest of the year. Tight Lines.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Shawn,

It was a lot of fun fishing with you and Paul today! I finally got to see your LTJ technique first hand and we all pulled fish! Any time you can get on the water, catch fish and share a few drinks with good folks it is a great day!!! I think we should have brought Crockett! He is your big fish good luck charm!!! Thanks again!!

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Plenty of birds but no real action. Nice out until the sun went down, cold ride back to the Bush. I saw you leave the small pack of boats and head north, no idea what you were thinking.
KI back to the Bush? That is a haul and a cold one over this weekend I bet.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I hear you Shawn. We had a tough go of it for a while then the birds erupted down south and we had steady pickins until we had to leave at 3:30.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had planned most of the weekend to launch out of Breezy, but heard early Sunday that it looked like opening day down there. I feel like we gave them our best shot, so no regrets other than hoped to get my crew on some rod-dippers. Anyway, it'll give me closing water temps/conditions to log for the tail end of the Chester LTJ bite. Guess they could come back, but I'm not feeling it. ReelExcuse's report of fish on the BL ledge fits the pattern of leaving the rivers and heading south. Last year there was a strong LTJ bite in the channel south of Poplar Island when that happened.

·
Registered
108 Posts
With that many boats out there just the odds werent in our favor let alone all the noise. I think they school up more when the water temp drops so it really gets to be a game of hit or miss. I like the channel edge right now its producing

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
KI back to the Bush? That is a haul and a cold one over this weekend I bet.
I wasn't in my boat but on a 27 Stamas with enclosure that wouldn't snap due to shrinkage. Still numbing cold by the time we got to the dock @ 33deg. It would have suicide in my 17cc.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, we went out Sun on the morning incoming from Parsons Island down to bloody point, looking for that amazing fishing that has been with us for a month or so and found nothing. Perhaps it has just blown south for too long and been too cold at night. Water temp was 41 just south of Parson's but 46 out near bloody. Gotta say, it was great while it lasted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts