Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know everyone knows Cheverly Sports has the BEST BLOOD WORMS by far. But he keeps taking his prices up.. He is going to end up losing customers. Hes out of the way Someone in SOMD needs to figure out where he gets his bloodworms from so we don't need to go although down that way. When most of us fish on this end.

Just my two sense. On that note who else has good size blood worms thats not charging 14.50 a dozen.

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
The BEST BLOOD WORMS and CHEAP do not belong in the same sentence. It trugly amazes me how much people will spend on a boat and fishing gear but want to skimp on bait. That is all the fish see is your bait. Buy GOOD BAIT and GOOD BAIT ain't CHEAP.......... Gary

·
Registered
359 Posts
Over on the Eastern Shore where everything is supposed to be cheaper, I am paying $16.50 for a dozen bloodworms, which is about 25% more than last year.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Bloodworms are expensive - supply and demand at work.

Say a baitshop gets a dozen for $7.00. In order to cover die off / electric to keep them cool / overhead / profit - adding 50 to 80 % is about right , depending upon volume sold.

Keeping quality live bait is tough and a headache for bait stores. Order too much and profit disappears with unsold / dead bait. Order not enough - lose customers when they go elsewhere.

I do not have a problem paying for good quality - decent size bloodworms. I often go 10 miles out of my way to get them from Marty's in Edgewater.

I hate paying $$$$ for tiny ones half dead and not much bigger then toothpicks. Wish there was a min. size for bloodworms to be harvested / sold.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with Gary. Just write down all of the expense to take one fishing trip in your boat. I fish a lot on the eastern shore and buy my bloodworms at Shore Sportsman in Easton. I don't buy the dozen regular bloodworms, I buy the bag of 1/2 dozen selects which are $17.00. The worms are 12 inches long and fat. Just think how many baits you get from one worm. You get what you pay for these days.

Ken

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I haven't stopped in to Fred's Sports in Waldorf, lately, but he used to have good prices on his bait. Give him a call.

301-843-3040

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Everything is going up. I get my bloodworms at Marty's in Edgewater. Cut into 1/4 - 3/8" pieces, chances are, you will have plenty leftover. Skip touched on the cost to the bait shop but If you knew the hard work going into harvesting them, you would better understand the cost.. .. Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts