Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my son JTs 6th B-day and he wanted to go fishn sat. The pic is his first big cat that he got to the boat on his own (45#). we also caught a 32,21,18 and a number of 5-15# cats. Our biggest striper was 15#32". He also caught a 12.5# Channel cat which was nice to see! At one time we had 4 rods down. you gotta love the excitement. [excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All CPR that was the result of the 5 minutes of chaos with 4 rods down. Its always a thrill to have to leave big fish pulling drag in the rod holders while ur trying to get the others in.. 2 cats, 1 striper and a gar at the same time. I Wish striper season was in!!!![grin]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Can you say CPR CPR CPR CPR CPR CPR - there are too many guys on the river that don't know this and its important we educate them every chance we get ! Good catch and I still have a pic of BIGCAT with his first croaker at age 3. Classic photo ! striperjoe layin' low..............till next trip anyway ! ! ! [tongue]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No!
May 1-15, Trophy season, over 32", 1 per person

May 16- June 15, 2 per person, 18"-28" , one of which may be over 32"

Can't keep any striper caught from Hopewell to the Chick, "spawning grounds"

http://www.mrc.state.va.us/swrecfishingrules.htm

·
Registered
320 Posts
pardon the ignorance...but isn't that a striper in the picture?? How can you keep it if they are not in season. Not trying to be a smarta$$, but I want to go fishing!! Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
DRB,
He caught all 4 fish at the same time. Took a picture..and then released them. That is what I understand.

Nice Fish!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Camronz !! Funny how some are so Quick to judge the integrity of other fisherman. I don't mean to sound like a D___ but that is another reason i don't usually post any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry DRB for not being more explicit. (THE STRIPER AND THE CATFISH WERE ALL PHOTOGRAPHED and RELEASEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

CPR = Catch, Photograph AND RELEASE,RELEASE,RELEASE. [angel]

Sorry to the rest of you that understand the meaning of the original post!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
So why did you remove the picture that had the Striper in it? If you did not keep the fish and it was released alive you did nothing wrong. Don't let a few people questioning you piss you off.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That is part of why I am leery of posting pictures. Too many people view this board. One person who recognizes the area I fish could ruin it by fishing it and telling everybody and their brother about it. Nice fish though. We caught nearly the same number and size of fish on the same day. The 45 lber I caught was not nearly that long but very broad and stocky. The 53 lber the weekend before was also very short and fat. They both were from the same area. I have never seen a fish so short weigh so much. Perhaps they were young fish that found a good food source and got fat before they could lengthen out from age. -Kepone

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wasabi we caught some nice fish in your hole from ur chick post. Thanks. [wink][grin]
Kepone
Post some pics with lots of backgound for us!![angel]
Texico i put it back for u!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Kepone. Glock pistol match next weekend, April 23-24 in Goochland, VA. Fun. Set up for us amatures. I might be going up on Sunday. Load up the 10!!!

Dayton

1 - 19 of 19 Posts