Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
set out mid-morning from Rockhold Creek and cruised down below Parkers Creek on a friend's boat 12/3. Passed about a dozen trollers between 78 and the western edge, and set up the lines heading south, and then turned north. Passed a floating cola can, which my friend sez let's pick up, I always have good luck after doing that--sure enough 10 minutes after lines in water, and 1 minute after the can, port ass rod twitches, a nice fat 22 incher in the box. Then, hours of seeing marks, but nada. Wind moves from SW to S, wind increases to 15 knots, and we is rolling on the river. Decide to troll home, and around 3 just south of Rada towers a major zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz--not a snag! I grab the rod, the skipper sez need the net? No, I don't think so, until he sees the boat--then we net a biggun, turned out a 40 in 25 pound--

5 minutes later after getting all the lines readjusted and back out--another knock down--we had sped up to set them--I looked at the broomstick bent like a flexistraw and said 'Snag?' -- but it stopped stripping line and started back a couple times--'Slow the boat down'--skipper starts reeling and Ping!!! 'Dang, there went my fifty'--well, we trolled--until we figured we'd get to the dock just before sundown, but no more excitement and headed in. Now off to steak the big fish, and fillet the 'little' one.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I heard that ping yesterday and in my head while trying to fall a sleep last night. Just do what I do and blame it on someone else. Works like a charm.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hey, WTG Joe. :clap::D

I need to try some trolling since the lite rods are doing a lot.

You weren't far from me. I meandered up to parkers ck about 2pm. didn't see anything going on, went in around 3pm.

see ya.:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice report, glad you had some action. Now I have one more thing to add to my to do list for fishing, keep a eye out for floating cans. On a sidenote, we made the run S out of breezy trying to duplicate Skip, looking for Bubba, when the last five trips produced a smaller grade in front of the towers and 79A in the afternoon. You hooked up some nice fish, and that will be my next plan A. That ping sound makes you think for days afterward.
Best cure is get back out there.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, WTG Joe. :clap::D

I need to try some trolling since the lite rods are doing a lot.

You weren't far from me. I meandered up to parkers ck about 2pm. didn't see anything going on, went in around 3pm.

see ya.:D
check yer voicemail

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard that ping yesterday and in my head while trying to fall a sleep last night. Just do what I do and blame it on someone else. Works like a charm.
my buddy tried to think how to blame it on me, I could see his wheels turnin', but it was his rig, his move and he couldn't.:D if he had tried, I would have said yer knot failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts