Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the ramp at 7:30 am with fellow Tfers Aik68J (John) , Drichitt (Don) and Skipperwork (Paul). Only one other trailer was there.We had a very high tide but it was still incoming.The dock was only 6 inches from going under.The water temp. in the pond was 61* but the bay was 65-66*.

Got to Dollys and found scattered bunches of Spot.It took about 1 1/2 hours to catch about 50 of them.The bay was flat and we even caught a few double headers.

Went to leave and the anchor was hung on a cable.Got it to the surface and put a rope on it-this allowed the anchor to fall free :thumbup:. We were 1/8 mile from the bridge :confused: - no idea why it was there.

Took the Spot on a quick ride and anchored near the western rockpile.The guys tossed Spot over as I poured a coffee.Don got a Rock before my mug was full :yes:.Netted the 22 incher and then Paul had one on about the same size..Got that one in the boat and Don had another one hooked up.As I netted that one- John had a hit but missed it.Paul got another one and this made four in the cooler.Don and Paul were on fire - they put three more in the cooler in about 15 minutes.I hardly finished my coffee.We figured out that John was not letting his Spot swim deep enough and once John let out more line- he got hit and the fat 25 incher finished our limit.Unreal - I did not even get a bait wet.We switched to circle hooks and C/R about 8 more-all legal from 19-24 inches.Paul lost what looked to be a 30 incher.I made up for lost time and C/R 3 of them.The current slacked and that was the end of fishing.We ran back to Dollys and caught Spot which were put in a pen for tomorrow.The weather was perfect but only saw 1-2 other boats fishing.Got back and split up the catch.

The sun was out and it burned off the morning chill. Catching a fast limit helped warm us up also :D.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had to run to the Eastern Shore to pick up some machine parts just across the bridge. On my way over I saw a Grady over at Dollys... Appeared to be holding a trash can over the side. Funny thing is 30 minutes later when I came back across the bridge on 50, I saw the same Grady on a trailer. Pulled up along side and gave Skip the thumbs up or thumbs down. He gave me the thumbs up. Great report!! Looked like a perfect day to be on the bay.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Thanks for the time out Skip
Just took a look at the weather report for my arrival home for my mom's surgery
6am

34°F

Feels Like
25°F
9am

35°F

Feels Like
26°F 12pm

40°F

Feels Like
33°F
3pm

41°F

Feels Like
34°F 6pm

40°F

Feels Like
33°F

Must have been one of the Right handed spot I was throwing with my left handed rod :eek2:If all goes well might take a shot @ some Salmon and trout while I am home

Good to meet you Don and Paul where is my hat?? (gonna need it 29 Degrees BRRRR)

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Today was an absolutely perfect day 'Catching' with Skip.:clap: Skip put us on the fish and it was non-stop. Thank You Skip:thumbup: I finally got to meet the infamous Paul from 'Lost my wedding ring at Red Eye's Dock bar fame'. Paul & John - It was a pleasure meeting you both and fishing with you. To everyone still wanting to squeeze in the last of the live lining bite...we didn't see a single spot with any gold coloring on the belly, but this can't last too much longer. ..Don

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Skip, what color were the bellies on the spot? Do they look like they'll be around this weekend so I can get another crack?

Last time out, I saw and ignored some marks (and that little voice in my head) a teeny bit removed from the rockpile, then later read a post where someone was at that exact spot, anchored, and tore then up. We did tear up the blues though.

Thanks for the report!! :thumbup: :rockingreport:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts