Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sunday with calpn trayt. Started at Assateague Channel in front of Tom's Cove Campground. Caught one short (16 inches) and a clear nose skate. This was at the end of the outgoing tide. There a few other boats fishing this area too. We left and headed to Four Mouths. There were about 6 boats already there. To make a long story short we caught 10 more flounder with two keepers. One 20 inch and one 21 onch. Donna has the sizes incorrect on the Capot. Bob's website.

As info. Last year I said I was going back to basics flounder fisahing. A two hook bottom rig with a minnow. No blades, no beads, no hair etc. I bought Aqua Clear Trout and flounder bottom rigs with plain hooks. Biated with minnows they did fine at the wrecks off of Chincoteague last year. I somestimes do put a Gulp on a hook and it works well too. Anyway I have been unable to buy any plain Aqua Clear rigs in Annapolis and Matt at Sea Hawk and Donna at Capt. Bobs didn't have any. I wound up buying some Aqua Clear rigs with milar minnows wrapped aroun the line infront of the hooks. I said to Matt at Sea Hwk that I would just remove them to fish. He told me to leave them in place. So I fished a plain rig on one rod and a Milar fish rig on the other. Thanks Matt for the advice. The two keepers were caught on the milar rigs. And the milar minnow was chewed up pretty good. Anyway I was catching all of the fish. Butch couln't buy a hit much less catch a fish. He was fishing Gulp, and rigs with blades, beads and hair. As soon as he went to a rig with plain hooks with a minnow he immdediately started catching. All of the shorts measured 15 to 16 inches. Our feeling was that had we gone to Four Mouths right fom the gitgo we would have probably caught quite a few more flounder then we did.

Anyway the flatties are in so go get 'em fellas. And keep an eye for skinny water.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
As info. Last year I said I was going back to basics flounder fisahing.
There's alot to that theory.

One day they want yellow, then it's white, then it's chartreuse, then it's pink, etc..............

but it's minnows everyday.

Chris

Can't wait to try and catch some "flatted thangs" this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts