Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,837 Posts
The off-the-shelf spin-on filter should work fine. The filter kit runs about $40 at BoatUS. If you change the filter every season you shouldn't have any problem. I change mine every fall before freezing temps just in case there's water in the filter - I run my boat all winter. If you do have a problem then you need to check your fuel system. My GPS says I run ~1500 miles a year and I've always used a spin-on. The Sierra filter I'm using this year (BoatUs no longer carries the Tempo units) is rated at 21 micron.

· Registered
5,837 Posts
The off-the-shelf spin-on filter should work fine. The filter kit runs about $40 at BoatUS. If you change the filter every season you shouldn't have any problem. I change mine every fall before freezing temps just in case there's water in the filter - I run my boat all winter. If you do have a problem then you need to check your fuel system. My GPS says I run ~1500 miles a year and I've always used a spin-on. The Sierra filter I'm using this year (BoatUs no longer carries the Tempo units) is rated at 21 micron.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.