Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris Dollar-Fisherman magazine editor gave my dad a real nice plaque tonight to recognize him catching rock each month this year.Most of our family was there and my dad teared up-he's like that sometimes.Great to see so many TFers there-nice to meet in person.Some even took the time to explain the cameras that will work best for posting photos.Candy might do a story for the Sunpaper's outdoors section and Bill Burton stopped by to say Hi.Chris had some cool photos of recent catches from Md and Va.If an 80 year old can fish year round-no reason any of us shouldn't be out there.:p Thanks again to all the Tfers who made a special trip to cheer for my dad-it meant alot to him-I owe you one. Skip

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Your Dad looked really happy tonight, Skip. Great accomplishment and glad he could get the spotlight tonight. I couldn't resist pulling his chain a little about waiting til the last minute to get his August fish ;) .

·
Registered
703 Posts
Congrats

Skip - nice meeting you in person last nite. Please congratulate :) your Dad on his
impressive feat. I wish my Dad were still around to fish with me.

I'd still like to have a session with you in person to pick your brain. I'd like to be
able to document the spreads you use for each season and what are the triggers
you go by to change from spring to summer to fall, etc.

Bill

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill-anytime you want to go-let me know.My spread will change but the basics are the same.Sometimes I change lures/depths on a hunch but I'll share what I think are good patterns. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,302 Posts
Skip .......... for all you do ..... you don't owe us anything ......... just great to meet your father help honor him for his accomplishment .......... I thought it was great .......

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Skip; I was there last night also. Boy your dad looks good for 80. I too would like to pick your brain sometime. Why not try to have it at a MSSA meeting at the broadneck chapter some winter month. You wouldn't have to do a presentation; just a Q and A session with the guys. Besides; if I forget to ask something, maybe someone else will think about it. Maybe we could even e-mail you some of the questions beforehand. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Skip....Sounds great. It's good to hear things like this...Kudos to Chris and the Fisherman for the recognition and the PSG for the place...congratulations to your Dad !!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Skip-

Your Dad looked great... not a day over 60 in my opinion. Forgot to ask ya last night if he was really surprised :eek: at getting the plaque or if he thought something might be going on.:rolleyes:

Good to see ya again too
SD(Tom)

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tom-I really think he was surprised-the "water" from his eyes gave it away.He is in good shape for 80-no doubt - other then the hearing.It was a treat for me also-I've always been proud of my dad and he still loves to fish.Guess you never outgrow the "fever". Quick funny story-A few years ago in Dec. my dad and I drove down to Point Look Out ramp.Wind was howling close to 20 out of NE-waves were spraying over the causeway.I said SH*T-we'll have to go home.Dad (78) says-Maybe it will lay down.I laughed and said -well it can't get any worse.Against better sense I launch the boat in whitecaps at the ramp.Out we go into the river in 3-4' waves.I told my dad it was a suicide mission- "you've lived along time " I told my dad "But I still have things to do ".He laughed-took the wheel and I put over 5 rods-we caught some nice rock but paid our dues that trip.:) Skip

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
That was a great moment to watch! I can only imagine how you and him both felt. I only hope that I can share something like that with my son.
Congrats to your dad!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts