Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big orange sunrise coming out of South River solo Saturday - hard to beat the sun up this time of year. Thought of crossing to EB for a change but checked on Green #1 and found promising marks and bait in 28', water temp 74. Set out chum and after a few throw backs hooked into a nice fighter.

Side story: The rod I was fighting the fish with (the lightest spinning rig I own) had recently been giving me a hard time. Got knocked off the dock at my slip a month ago and after thinking it lost, an hour of blind trolling with some big hooks managed to fish it out. The next week (after a thorough clean up) the top guide broke off. Following week (after Marty's replaced the tip) had loosened the drag cap just a bit too far and it popped off into the bay - so mail ordered a new cap which arrived Friday. Whew...

All the love and tending came back around came back around when a fat 28" picked that rig out of the four I set out. After a fun fight, decided for some strange reason to use a net rather than lip the rock like I usually do. Sure as shootin, the mesh of the net I never use tears and I spend an anxious minute threading it up over the fish, up the line, over the rod and then lip the fish aboard. Whew...

My keystone cops moment over, had a few runoffs but none tight. Got slack and slow and hot. Looked into a few other spots while the incoming gathered but nothing promising at TPL or Gum Thickets midday, so back to the dock with one in the box.

·
Registered
239 Posts
We got one 23" keeper today chumming at Podickory. Had a few other smalls and a skate. There were at least 50 boats in the general area. Never seen that many boats chumming there at the same time before.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was down in that area both Saturday and Sunday morning. I fished the last off the outgoing tide both days and was rewarded with a couple 25's on Saturday and a real fiesty 27" on Sunday. I also hooked 1 cow nose ray Saturday and 4 on Sunday. They are really starting to show up in numbers, I cant wait to start LL.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts