Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAVING BEEN A USER OF GROUND MENHADEN FOR A GOOD MANY DECADES... I decided to try something different when I was introduced to it at a local fishing seminar at World Class Angler

wanting to see what it would do I bought a bag of Captains Choice wet chum "CHUM BLAST" in some kind of quickly dissolving bag with a mixture of meals and oils

to keep it in sight i put it in a bag (its made to be just dropped over the side) and dropped it off my neighbors dock in 4 ft of water at slack tide

within minutes I had hundreds of bait fish all around it, then a minute or so later snapper all over the place circling the bag, then two big Green Morays came out from under the seawall about 8 ft away and swam up to the bag and mouthed it.

All of a sudden ALL the fish scattered and a huge cuda came thru circled the bag and took off after some unseen target down slick, a few tarpon followed the cuda by about 3 minutes

Now it isn't cheap $12.99 for 2 "bombs" but it sure jump starts the fishing...when the "bomb" fizzled out so did the fishing...and this was with almost no current...

word of advise...hands MUST be DRY when handling the bags...I had sweat on mine and it started to dissolve the bag in about 2 seconds

this guy makes a pre loaded chum bag as well that can be put back in its plastic bag if you don't use it all at one time ( try that with menhaden...wheww!!)

that will be my next experiment

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Bob I did try those last year, they worked but only for a ton of blue runners. Nothing else came near us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to the store get a cheap bag of dog food or big bag seafood flavor catfood and put it in laundry bag or orange bags and put it over the side,after it soaks give it a shake every now and then,as it gets soft it will give off little oieces and a slick of oil. Its cheap off brand about $7.00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts