Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patrick, Brian, JC and I headed to OI for some YFT action however, as it turned out we drug our spread from the 560 to the 680 from 30 fathoms to over 250 fathoms and all points in between and the only action we had was one five pound Mahi. Pulled up lines at 1:30 pm and headed to the Tile fish hole where we quickly picked up a limit of bluelines then headed to the "G" tower to play with the AJs and FAs. I have never seen water as nasty and dirty ever as we saw today. When I say dirty and nasty I mean DIRTY AND NASTY the water literally looked worse than the water in the Chesapeake Bay does two days after a hurricane. The water around the tower was red as in red tide but 1000 times worse than I have ever seen in our bay. At any rate we were out there and we gave it a good effort and had a fun time. Thanks again to JC, Pat and Brian. Next time I'll bring better quality beer!!!!

I got a couple of pics I post later!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Damn Lou sorry to hear no love on the palegics. Yeah the water was ugly and gray looking when we went. WTG on the tiles.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Lou,

Our luck out of HI was not much better. Only 1 trigger at the Rockpile and 30 or so seabass at the 230 Rocks. We never trolled. Even the charters were bottom fishing.

Bill
Miss Ginya

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
WTF.....Oh well at least you were fishing while I was WORKING!!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... that's the way it goes. Thanks again to Kevin on Succession and Billy (striper-on) for your help!!!!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
After hearing about the YF bite earlier this week we arrived in Pirates Cove for a trip on a friend's boat.

Fished the 650 area. No Tuna so we followed a weed line bailing dophin. Kept 40.

Beautiful flat seas, left in dark (full moon) and returned after sunset very long day, 13 hours on the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts