Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts? Is there any word if this is producing? It does every year in May but this is not a usual year so far for sure:nono:

A 2 1/2 hr drive one way to breezy is not in the cards for me until I have off in June.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
If you can wait a few days - on Monday the size / creel limit changes and you can keep the smaller Rock often caught chumming / chunking.

I know a few guys have tried off Hacketts but they only got a few fish around 24 inches.

They fished outside the green can in 35 feet but think perhaps the fish are in shallower - due to muddy water.

Might be worth trying to catch 4-5 small White Perch and letting them back on a live line bobber set up in your chum slick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We were out for the first time this year today chunking in the vicinity of Hacketts in 35 feet and got 3 over 30 inches today in about 2 hours of fishing. I would give it a shot if I were you, sure beats trolling in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Channel Cats should be at Hackets by now-

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Might be worth trying to catch 4-5 small White Perch and letting them back on a live line bobber set up in your chum slick.
We've cut the sharp forward dorsal fins off to make them not as sharp to a predator. The downside being, they will not be as frisky. Skip, what do you think?

In any event, there should be none of those pesky blues or cow nose rays around yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts