Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished east of green can flood tide .20 shorts 1 keeper saw 3 dead ones float by. I often wondered how you guys recognize each other. Well Crabby wasn t hard to spot. I think I am going to sharpen my skills jigging maybe little more action and more keepers. Good luck out there

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My son and I on Isabel's Ghost caught some perch and threw back 2 smalls. Saw a lot of fish being caught, most returned. Spoke with Crabby!!

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
I started my day at the West River green can as I had good reports and thought it would be less crowded than Hackett's. About 25 boats there but not much current so I ran to Hackett's, talked with Jethrosixx for a moment and pulled up to Ted, aka Night Nurse. He was in 17' inside the green can away from most boats. He had 4 keepers and many shorts. I tried behind him with no results so I moved outside the can in 35'. Still nothing. I don't chum much but usually float my chum bag. This time I weighted it and sunk it. What do most of you do?? I saw many small rock being caught today. I wanted to fish the outgoing but noticed a large storm on radar to the South so I called it a day and ran into the South and tried for perch at #6. Only got one. Still a great day with my Son and good friend Rick Hoffer. It will be crabbing from now on! Happy Memorial Day and tight lines to all!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't chum much but usually float my chum bag. This time I weighted it and sunk it. What do most of you do??
I am interested in this question as well. I normally float mine, but I get the logic of having it deep to have the baits in the slick with the tide. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
575 Posts
My son went to Hacketts yesterday with a bunch of out of town family...they caught 7 keepers within 2 hours...got out at 10:30, back at the dock at 1:30. Chumming, circle hooks.

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
The crabbing has been good on Hudson creek. They are getting bigger and picking up weight. Put a bushel in the boat on just 10 runs of the line. Didn't keep anything under 5 1/2"
Eastern shore Rivers and creeks always turn on earlier than Western shore. Thanks for the info.... . Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts