Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go out this sat with a couple friends that dont fish much. wondering if blues are out there or rock with chum just looking to have a good time and try not to get skunked, that way they can say how many fish they caught with me lol.....

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
With chum in the water, you are gonna get the blues....no doubt!:thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
NWS Marine Forecast
SAT
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

It will may not be the ideal chumming weather.
However the weather man has been known to be wrong at times.

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
The Sewer pipe causes a rip to form when the current is running and Blues love to feed here.Anchor so your stern is roughly 40 feet above the pipe in 20-25 feet.You will catch all the Blues you want.Fresh cut Spot (1/4'' by 3 '') fished on a #4 long shank hook with little or no weight :thumbup:.

Beware if you anchor north of the pipe.About 150 feet north is a cable that grabs anchors :eek2:.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most likely going to wait till sunday with weather forcast like that. I am taking out 3 younger kids and 2 adults that have been fishing maybe 3 times so..... I want to anchor and stay there being it wont be too far from my marina just in case.
Other than that i would be trolling or using live spot for some real action.

NWS Marine Forecast
SAT
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

It will may not be the ideal chumming weather.
However the weather man has been known to be wrong at times.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fish the Bridge

Leave the chum at home. Drift and jig at the Eastern rock pile and let the bridge act as a wind break. We caught about 80+ blues, 4 rock, and a shad on Saturday. On Sunday we easily caught over 200 blues, 4 rock, and 3 shad.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts