Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left out the south river around 9:45am on saturday morning. Fishing with my dad who is not a fisherman at all, and a family friend that I was unsure of his abilities I decided to pick up some chum and fresh alewives from Martys. We headed out of the mouth of the river and pointed straight for TPL. Looked around and found some good marks so we past over them and let the anchor out to be on top of them during an outgoing tide. I set out the chum (which looking back on it, I'm not entirely sure that the chum did anything), set up two ultra lights with bottom rigs and bloodworm fishbites then started to rig up my medium action chunking rigs with fresh cut alewives.
Dead lowtide was at 10:40 at TPL so we had a little lul. Right around 11:45, after the boat started to swing around, the cut bait rod tip starts bouncing, pick it up and set the hook and a perfect 21" dinner fish! That got a little excitement going, so I wrapped up the untouched rods with the fishbites just to clear some clutter. Kept cutting up chunks and throwing the in the water, Pulled in 3 more rockfish. Another 21" and two under 20" that were released without issue. Back into the marina by 2pm. 28-32' of water
Looking forward to the light tackle stuff starting to heat up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts