Tidal Fish Forum banner

Chunking @ M&M 11/07/08 SLOW

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Jet Ski Brian 
#1 ·
Got a chance to fish after work today dropped the boat at 1:00 and headed to the M&M beautiful weather we had today the seas were flat as could be out there. Anchored up on the tube in 32ft. of water only a handful of boats around today we fished that area for about a hour with no bites and decided to move closer to the rocks. about 30 minutes later the boat beside us hooked up then the guy next to him hooked up and finally we hooked up. I guess a small school went inbeween us cause we all got hit,we finally got the fish to the boat measured him at 32 inches DAMN too big ohwell back in the water he went. We stayed til dark cause my buddy had to be somewhere even though the fishing was slow it was still a nice day out there... Brandon

#2 ·
Thanks for the report Brandon. Sure sucks to have to put a 32 in fish back in the drink on a slow day - but at least ya got the rod bent. I'm gonna give it a try on the outgoing tide in the morning. I'll let ya know if backward water does anything different.
Rick

#8 ·
Saloon Theory

Drewman,

You bet that works. Rock piles by the MM bridge side not tunnel side work too. I like doing that when the bridge gets really crowded. Stripers like other migratory fish follow the saloon theory. If a spot has got what they want they'll hangout for a while and then eventually move on to the next spot. Kind of like a drunk going bar hopping.

Good Fishin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.