Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm Cool!
57 Posts
circle bally rig

Thanks for sharing the circle hook rig video. We have have not used circle hooks yet so I have a few questions.
I assume once you have completed this rig you pull the hook though the monel loop.
1.So what size hook would you use for med ballyhoo when targeting tuna?
2.What brand of hook do you use?

Thanks a gain for sharing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for tuna 8/0 wide gap circle hook x strong eagle claw.....for whites and sails I use a small hook still wide gap...you can also use a j hook with this rig..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no but a split tail mullet is fairly easy to rig....and is deadly on a palnner for wahoo......!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Did the video get cut off, I didn't see how the hook went on. I'm guessing you twist the hook on the loop and your done, is that right. Would it be alright to put a small ilander type lure in front or would it interfere with the hook?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Would Pull It Naked Would Look Corect With A Alure Infront ...you Could Try It ...let Mew Know How It Does....lol.....i Guess It Got Cut Offto Size..but Yes Put The Hook In The Loop And Twist....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.