Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decide to not go out striper fishing today and get some yard work done. I noticed fish were jumping in the lake in the back yard and let my 10 yr old son know. Adam casted about three times with a rattle trap, then started yelling and runninning up the bank, eyes as big as silver dollars !!! 15 minutes later he landed a 31 inch Bowfin !! Took him and the fish to Ocean East to fill out the paperwork for his 1st citation of the this year !! :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
NICE GRINNEL! :clap:

Did it do any nice jumps for him? Normally, that's a stab and release fish in my back yard ;) Gotta protect the specks!

Sean

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great kid!

Nice Fish!
Anyone who says there are no good kids around, just don't know any that their Dad have taught to fish. :thumbup:

CONGRATULATIONS, ADAM! You DA Man :cool2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
My buddy still gives me a hard time for turning in a citation for a "Mudfish" but it is proudly displayed with the rest. I hope this is one of many for your boy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, he was back out there the rest of the day and till 9 pm last nite. He ended up the day catching a few bass and 2 large catfish. This morning he was up early and back out there for the morning bite. Also yesterday my neighbor Reggie caught a 20 inch largemouth . Nice day from the Salisbury's back deck and newly finished bulkhead !!

Oh and by the way citition Bowfin last sighted swimming away from Lake Smith boat ramp !!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congratulations

Adam,

Congratulations on the nice bowfin!!!! Those fish are about the best fighters in fresh water!!

Tight lines,
Dan

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Priceless :rockon:

·
Registered
610 Posts
W.T.G.

congrats on the citation!! I second the mount!!!

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
You're lucky to have hard fighting fish like that in your back yard.If you release them you can have the thrill again & again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts