Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday about high tide, a bud and I when down to the marina and with a bucket of minnows to try our hand at the WP. Before I could get my trk. parked, he had two nice ones in the bucket. Caught for about an hour on the outgoing tide and stringered about 12 of the largest. My biggest was just shy of 12" but very hefty. Left just as the rain was on us. I thing he was smarting because I caught the biggun'.
Not to be outdone, while I had to work today he went down and picked up the citation fish shown below. Measured at 13 3/4" and laid flat could probably make 14". Biggest WP I've ever seen. Can't say where but a trib. of the Magothy. Keep on fishin'

Attachments

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
That's what I get for not following my gut. I went Saturday AM and NADA!

Fealt I should have gone Sunday AM after the warm up Saturday and didn't.

Nice catch!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our fish were at the end of the creek in about 2-5' of water. Water was moving out and the bite dropped off at the end of the tide. 2" Minnows were fished about half way to the bottom on a hairless 1/64 oz. jighead. Pink seem to be the color. Just kept the float moving a bit to cover the water. It was a hoot watching the float disappear every 5 minutes. Only fished one rod because we could not have kept the bait on two rods. Only wish my grandkids had been there to enjoy the bite. ;-)

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Best eating fish in the bay.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers
Saw a bunch if trucks parked in the road at the head if the Magothy and I suspect they were perch fishing

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Nice perch! Had a guy tell me his buddy got a 19" WP but it was in a net. Skeptical, but that would be a site to see. Congrats to your buddy on the citation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts