Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I enjoyed a "bankers" holiday today with my neighbors Jeff and Gary and my buddy Tyson. We left little creek at 7:30 am with a livewell full of 4"-5" bunker that I netted on Friday. We made our way out to the third island and pitched baits at the rocks for about 45 mins, but no rockfish so we switched gears and rigged our live bunker on 3 ways and drifted over some "fishy" looking areas near the third. I was the first to hook up and moments later Jeff sets the hook and we had a double on. Mine ended up being a 47" black and Jeff had his first ever citation red at 50":clap:. We moved back up to the start of that same drift and it was on...quad hook-up!! We've got 4 big reds going in 4 different directions. One pulled the hook and one broke off. Tyson and I manage to hold on to ours. I brought a 42" red to the boat, we snapped a quick pick and back he went. Tyson was in for a longer battle:D. He finally managed to get his boatside. This was the biggest fish of the day at a whopping 54.5" for his biggest red ever. We made the same drift several more times before the reds quit biting and the bluefish moved in. We ended the morning with 9 reds (5 citation) and one black citation.

Ed

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
good on ya ed:bigfish::rockingreport::thumbup::yes::clap:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
NO wonder you didnt come by to see me again Ed ! Very nice indeed !

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good to see the big bulls still in the bay. Just means we still have fish migrating south for a couple more weeks. Surf fishermen get ready if you weren't already........

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ed that is an amzing day! Congrats to all involved! It can not get much better than that!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Great job Ed and crew.:clapping2:

If that rod in the picture was used to catch that fish, it must have had one heck of a bend in it.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow i had a great time yesterday Ed. Its always a day when you beat your personal best. I still cant believe we caught that black too

1 - 20 of 29 Posts