Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wandering if anyone knew if the channel leading to Claiborne landing has been dredged recently. I launched there a year and a half ago and on low tide, was churning mud, but there were barges anchored near by. Was considering launching this weekend. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
They say they dredged it but I don't think so....on a very low tide I have to get the guys to stand on the front of my boat...I only draft 10"!!....It is very shallow in their........
I would launch from crab alley off of 552 (On Kent Island) if possible...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Claibourne

Took a look at the channel a couple of weeks ago, motored in at mid-tide. There are some markers going in, but nothing inside. Off our fishfinder shallow--it stops at 4', and didn't go farther. Wouldn't go in in anything but a skiff. If it has been dredged, we couldn't find a channel. If there is a harbor in there it's real small.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I go there often in a 20 ft Sea ray and when it is lower tide you better be hugging close to the green markers. I have already decided that if I got a bigger boat I would need to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I launched out of there about a month ago and I had no problems about halfway through the outgoing. Then again I was in jon boat(21 ft with a 75 4stroke). In all seriousness, the df showed anywhere from 2.5' to 4.5'. So dead low might be a little tricky for a big boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts