Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what you guys use to clean your curtains. Not needing household tips:rolleyes: I'm hesitant to try invisible glass which Is what I use on real glass because once you screw it up its a done deal. Soap and water only goes so far for good visibility, I was just wondering if anyone had a product made for or that works great on the clear curtains.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Klear-to-see or something like that. It can be purchased from any marine store.

Shawn F

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I use a mild soap solution (Baby Shampoo) to remove any oils and float dirt off. Dry'em good and 210 is THE stuff of clean, clear curtians!!
budc

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
Biggest tip is to avoid scratching them with dried on salt crystals.I rinse with a medium spray from top to bottom TWICE - then use a soft mitt and a small amount of boat soap.

Be sure to lubricate the zippers 3-4 times a season and work them up/down a few times.

My curtains are 11 seasons and are still good.Not as clear as the windshield but still fine.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like that 210 plastic cleaner is the clear choice, thanks. I'll have to check with my local marine supply to see if they have it. You all probably know how good chapstick works for a zipper lube. And if you've got daughters, there is plenty of half sticks around. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts