Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever cleaned out their (in deck) gas tank? I have an old boat with a 60 gal gas tank that I think is the root of my motor woes. I was thinking about pumping out the old gas, then putting in 10 gal of high octane gas and going for a nice ride around the neighborhood to loosen things up, then pumping out again. Anyone have another procedure or recommend another cleaning product?

-Aaron

· Registered
198 Posts
If you've been running e-10 gas for a while, I would think that stuff would have already cleaned the tank itself fairly well. Residue may have fallen to the bottom of the tank, though.
Are your filters coming up really dirty/gritty? Or, maybe you have a water or phase separation problem in the fuel?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen some separation and grit in the tank. My filters are getting dirty and I think it has caused some carb problems. I plan on have the carbs cleaned out and I want to clean the tank prior. I think this will ensure I can be done with my fuel woes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.