Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Wed with Jay and his 2 sons Brad, and Jeff. Started out at the Chesapeake Light Tower to see if the spades were biting. They were not as the water was a cool 62 as we got there at the end of the incoming. Drifted for flounder on the tower reef and caught 3 and 2 sea bass. We probably could have done better but conditions were deteriorating by 10 am with 20 knot winds and too fast a drift. We then tried inshore to look for cobia along VB oceanfront. David spots one and fires a pretty bucktail and it eats but swims towards the boat spitting the hook before he could set it. Tough sight casting conditions as waves kept building with white capping seas and could not find clear skies. We moved over to shoals and each caught one bull red each with Jeff getting a 48 inch citation before conditions got bad with waves crashing over the boat. We could have slayed the drum but better to be safe than stay in unsafe conditions. Weather man lied big time today but the Carrion's did well in tough conditions. Inshore the water hit 71 and I think everything is going to bust open big time.

Weather looks great for Friday and Saturday drum fishing. I have some open walk on seats left for both Friday and Saturday. Check my website for details. This may be my last walk on for drum as I focus on other species so if you don't have your drum citation yet, come get it now.

http://seaduction.averys.net/?p=188240

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Thanks for the report some pretty bull reds! You can see the difference in winds on your pic's.
I was out just off your home port Tuesday, basically trying to learn some "new to me" waters.
Dragged lines from @ Backriver reef back to Mobjack reef picking up a few small blues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts