Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,IMHO for what its worth in regards to the Jealously post.I thought we agreed when we dissolved the Club and started over that it was JUST going to be the select few that we have now.Maybe add some Guys
that were into Fishing and recommended by Club members.JUST a Social Club,period!

Seems we are getting back to being the original Club we had problems with.Everyones talking about Bull-Roasts,Hats,Shirts,Fun Money,etc.ALL is nice and inviting and I do not have a problem at all with it.BUT it seems its getting too complicated again.

I'd REALLY like to know if the SRRKC ACTUALLY said We are a Scam like Fin-Hole said in his P.M.??????

I think we should stay together and if we want Hats and stuff,somebody gets a price,everyone pays up front for what they want.Makes it simple and no one is left holding the bag.Lets just keep it very simple.How about some suggestions.:rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Mike,
i do believe that you are correct regarding what was said about starting over as a club...

now that i look back at it we seem to be headed in that direction again but under a different guise.

simple carries a lot of merit

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yes we wanted to be simpler but still do some stuff. The discussion we had this week was a good one. I really wanted to do another B and O roast but as a Club we decided something simpler would be more enjoyable. It seemed we as a club agreed another kids derby would be a good thing. No one can talk about well the board decided this and the board decided that. :D There is no board. If we do attire well it will basically have to be paid before we can order so forth and so on. The other clubs have get shirts etc for stuff no reason we can't, but yes every now and then we will need to pull back on the reigns a bit because we can be an excitible bunch :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I don't think SRRKC is an issue if there was an issue i would think it was from the Marg squad and even then only a small part of them.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
We need to promote more things within our club such as the biggest fish thing that Mike has going, a pot luck get together, the kids tournament (?), maybe an all night catfish tournament, a bass tournament, a perch tournament and things like this. We really don't want to get involved in anything that's going to cost money. That's why I put the (?) next to the kids tournament.' Anything that's going to cost $ has to come directly out of our pockets and then it becomes a personal thing. So all that being said let's just fish and be happy.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We need to promote more things within our club such as the biggest fish thing that Mike has going, a pot luck get together, the kids tournament (?), maybe an all night catfish tournament, a bass tournament, a perch tournament and things like this. We really don't want to get involved in anything that's going to cost money. That's why I put the (?) next to the kids tournament.' Anything that's going to cost $ has to come directly out of our pockets and then it becomes a personal thing. So all that being said let's just fish and be happy.:clap::clap:
And Drink!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
The more I think about the good ideas presented at the meeting the more I wonder about my fishing time. This year my after work fishing is non existent unless something changes in my workload. I'm down to only weekends for "free time" since I'm currently working almost 60hrs a week now. I'm already committed to WAF activities which eats up my "free" time until mid July. I need to move at slower pace when committing to events since my stress relief time is very limited. All work and no play is really starting to suk, I don't mind helping with stuff I need my own time. The stats for my occupational field say I'll only live 18 months after retirement so I need to play now - and I've been to enough funerals to know it's a good statistic.

A drinking club with a fishing habit isn't bad but I need it the other way around for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
I'm with you Bob.

with my work schedule and other personal committments my free time has dwindled to weekends only, too.

when i get involved with something, i make a committment to finish it
but if i have doubts that i can't make & live up to that committment.. i don't volunteer.

i'd like to be "involved" with a fishing group and IF i can make time to be more involved in extra activities will.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would ignore Fin-hole's comments about the SRRKC, as I'm sure they were made up to try to start something....I've talked to most of the guys in the SRRKC and they were PO'd at the trouble makers from the fall tourney (they bmailed me and told me so) and aren't concerned about any other BS. They want to get together with drinkers that like to fish too and have some fun!!!!!!!

Let's K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid No offense to anyone!

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I don't know. Most of the Keggers are OK guys and fun to fish with on a 1:1 basis but I don't think I want to fish with them on a club level. The potential to start something is too great. We've got enough good guys in our club to keep me happy right where I am. We've got a good thing going here.:thumbup: It'll be even better when Todd and Bob show me the finer points of eeling.:fishing2::bigfish::rockon::clapping2:

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Eeling won't start til June. A lot of people got out of the eel business last year so I expect a premium price this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts