Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Deltaville early Sunday AM stopped just out side Broad Creek dropped fish bites and caught 16 spot for bait in less than 15 minutes. Went to Latimer Shoals to set for Cobia. Had 1st Cobia on board in first hour 37"s with tag we removed tag and released the fish. The second and last Cobia came about 1 1/2 hour later. A 42"er low 30 lb. range. Fished a couple more hours with nothing to show for it but a few Rays. On the way down the Bay we spotted several big schools of Spainish Mackeral. Birds were working and the the fish were skying out of the water. If the weather stays warm I think Windmill should be loaded up by the weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Similar story different state. Brother-in-law and I along with families went for a week down to Avon, N.C.. Great time fishing the Hateras Inlet. In a Whaler Outrage 20' we fished for Spanish until we had enough to feed the family and then went for the Cobia. Hooked onto a very nice (est. 65#) Cobia on a 9' surf rod and 30 braid line with a 60# 8' leader and 7o mustad hook. For bait we also were using spot. Long story short...broke my surf rod after about the six run from the boat and lost the fish[sad] but that was one great adventure, looking forward to another encounter with Mr. Lemon Fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts