Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up with the armada at York Spit today around 8AM and fished until noon. We managed 5 to the boat with 2 rats, 2 solid keepers, and one right around 37" that was thrown back. All fish were caught on live bunker that I netted on the way down the river this morning. Our $2.00 eels didn't even get a sniff. Overall, great day on the water. Tight Lines!

IMG_20150606_103056_582.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Heard several boats over there on radio, sounds like a few where caught. I opened lock for Va marine police to use ramp here, they said a whale had beached at new point beach. (did not hear what happened after that).

·
Registered
443 Posts
thanks for the report, York Spit is a good place for them……were y'all near the structure??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sonny, it's been awhile! I hope all is well over on the Rappahannock. I heard the other day that they were being seen up around Windmill Point so it may be worth a shot up there by you. We were anchored several hundred yards north of York Spit light to get away from the crowds a little. We picked up the bunker in a creek that was on the way out of the river, but i've caught them in open water before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts