Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
They will be replaced by drones
. Definetely,we didn't have them when I fished there.I didn't think of that .I have a Karma Go Pro Drone with 4 batteries that would be perfect for that and alot cheapr than a tower. That's the best fish, fishing style and place to fish in the entire Bay as far as I'm concerned. Snakeheads are poor mans Cobia like Shad are poor mans Tarpon.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
My Brother in-law and I caught cobia casting DOA Shrimp from piers and beach. They were all keepers, but to small to post the pictures on this fishing site..We did eat them, and they are very good.
Product Human body Font Material property Cosmetics
Font Personal protective equipment Rectangle Advertising Audio equipment

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
One thing I will not be doing is going on a charter where the Captain insists on catching my fish for me.

Pat
I didn'tl like that either. I mentioned it in case someone booked a trip to get that straightened out before booking.a trip.They don't tell you that part up front.That's more fun than reeling one in. The way I looked at it,was they were catching all the fish having more fun while the party was doing all the reeling and paying.I thought it was a good gimick for them.That was one reason i quit going down the other was the 2 fish limit. Gorge carried 3 passsenges on his boat for $600 and Zach on Salt treated carried 4.for $750 and that's when gas was $2 a gallon .

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fished for them out of Cape Charles (Cherry Stone Camp ground) several years ago. Used a chum tube with a bushel of LY. The cobia were not shy, they would come right to the boat and nibble at the chum tube. Getting them to eat the bait was trickier but we caught several, only 2 were in the slot though. Also got a bunch of sand sharks.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
831 Posts
The only Cobia that I have ever caught was about 4 inches long and I caught it in a cast net. VMRC wanted it for research and they sent someone over from Norfolk to pick it up.

Reactions: TDog3

·
Registered
12,032 Posts
A Nick name, among many, for Cobia is crab eater. No one has mentioned live lining crabs for them. I guess eels are more productive. And
From the tower of the boats you can see thousands of female crabs swimming up the bay on the surface near the Va.Beach/CapeCharles BB .Cobia means crab eater.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts