Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tomorrow ,Saturday June 6 George Poveromo wil be airing Cobia Fishing the Chesapeake with one of the Virginia guides I fish with . Zach Hoffman on his saltwater fishing show.Zach had to use George's boat without a tower and that made it challenging even though they had a tower boat to try to follow.i think they caught 1 fish 1 day ,15 another and I forget how many they caught the third.I will say I'm addicted to sight fishing for Cobia A key largo show was recorded this morning I got bad info. Maybe Monday on the next show? In the meantime http://www.heraldonline.com/news/state/south-carolina/article22982790.html cobia problems in S.C.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I goofed.It was on 10 am on NBC sports.I recorded George Poveromo on WFN.It isn't on again that I can see and it isn't on Demand.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well I missed the show with Zach,who I fished with last week,but here's a show with Jorj Head Fish Head Charters whom I'll be fishing with the end of the month.Jorj is a school teacher and only charters full time when school lets out, next Thursday.as you can see in the show,jorj tags alot of fish for Virginia.Zach was the mate on Jorj's boat til he got his Captains license and got his own boat.http://www.georgepoveromo.com/hot_footage.php scroll down to Virginia Beach Cobia

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I grilled up another cobia steak tonight for dinner on an outdoor gas grill..I could have passed it off as a Sword Fish Steak. Same taste, same texture when grilled just right.Here's some of the fish we caught in 3.5 hrs of fishing.http://www.salttreatedsportfishing.blogspot.com/ As you can see, He's been on a roll since the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is "The" gathering area for Cobia from late May til Oct. and the best place to catch multiple Cobia in a day in the U.S. shhhhhh

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
I have caught a few. Kept one years ago fishing Port Canaveral with a guide. Also caught big tripletail that trip.

Made a deal with the hotel I was staying at. They grilled me up a big piece (made me a nice dinner) and kept the rest.
Tony hooks up with them semi-regularly down in SW FL...

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We rented a waterfront house on Cudjoe Key once.We went out with a guide Greg Sheretz of Key West for Cobia,in January.3 of usT caught around 15.they were on the small side 15-20 #.Then I caught 1 in Key West Harbor while fishing for Tarpon the same month on my boat that I trailered down..A large amount of them spend the winter off Key West on wrecks and in Key West Harbor.They stay there from Dec.-March, then start the migration back to the Chesapeake.I don't know how long this fishery will last ? A 124 # Cobia was caught off Fort Myers.Potential world record. You're gonna have to start thinking about putting a tower on your boat Mike.Your boat is just right for sight fishing .They make all types of spotting towers.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We rented a waterfront house on Cudjoe Key once.We went out with a guide Greg Sheretz of Key West for Cobia,in January.3 of us caught around 15.They were on the small side 15-20 #.Then I caught 1 in Key West Harbor while fishing for Tarpon the same month on my boat that I trailered down.that one was around 40# and appeared to be a gravid female,so I released it..A large amount of them spend the winter off Key West on wrecks and in Key West Harbor.They stay there from Dec.-March, then start the migration back to the Chesapeake.I don't know how long this fishery will last ? A 124 # Cobia was caught off Fort Myers.Potential world record. You're gonna have to start thinking about putting a tower on your boat Mike.Your boat is just right for sight fishing .They make all types of spotting towers.
Captain Mike- specializing in light tackle sight fishing for Big Game fish in SW Florida

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The George Poveromo cobia show with Zach is on this week. Today( Monday),Friday,Saturday. WFN 817.They had an unbelievsble 1 st. day of bad luck by losing 9 Cobia.I'm sure Zach was pinching himself on the way home, hopeing it was just a bad dream.The second day is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts